Ok, I haven’t done this before, and think it would be fun: my blog has been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award 2016, and thank you, Jason from Jason’s Movie Blog and Reviews by Rhiannon, for nominating me. The rules of the Award are as follows:
- Post the award nomination on your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 11 questions assigned to you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Award
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees
Here are my answers to the questions posed by Jason’s Movie Blog:
Question #1 – Favourite movie of 2016
I haven’t seen many this year, but so far I like “Zootopia”
Question #2 – Favourite movie of 2015?
“Inside Out”/ “The Lobster”
Question #3 – Best movie ending?
“Fight Club” – stylish; “The Shawshank Redemption” – “feel-good”
Question #4 – Favourite Disney animated movie?
“Beauty and the Beast”
Question #5 – Most disappointed movie?
Uh…let it be Shyamalan’s “The Village”
Question #6 – Favourite food to eat?
Healthy and nutritious
Question #7 – What is your favourite book?
The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe
Question #8 – What is your favourite vacation you took?
Question #9 – What is your biggest regret in your life?
None to report
Question #10 – Disney World or Universal Studios?
Tough…maybe Universal Studios for the Harry Potter world?
Question #11- How are you going to take your blog to the next “level”?
Probably by answering these questions (no pun intended, I’ve never done this before)
Here are my answers to the questions posed by Reviews by Rhiannon:
- Who would you choose to play you in a film of your life? This is a very hard one to answer, possibly Keira Knightley. But if talking dead or alive, Audrey Hepburn or Veronica Lake would be my first choice.
- Would you prefer to watch a film or TV series? Definitely a film; I hardly ever watch TV series – the latter requires your total concentration for months on end 🙂
- What was the last film you watched? Lucile Hadžihalilović’s “Evolution”.
- If you could only watch films by one actor/actress for the rest of your life, who would it be? If talking about the quality of films, I would pick Leonardo DiCaprio – he was hardly ever cast in a bad film. However, if talking about actors and their performances, I would have to go for either Meryl Streep or Daniel Day-Lewis: unbelievable performances all the time.
- Which country/place have you always wanted to visit but never have? A few countries in Latin America. I will try to do that in my life time 🙂
- What would be your perfect day off? Reading, meditation, cinema or just going out and about.
- If you were to make a feature film, what genre would it be/what would it be about? It will be book to film adaptation. I would love to direct the adaptation of Alexander Grin’s “Alye Parusa” (Scarlett Sails). I think it has a big cinematic potential (if done right) and the remake is overdue.
- Do you prefer the city or the country? The country could be beautiful, but I prefer the city, all that buzz is nice.
- Would you rather watch a film alone, with family, or with friends? Depends on a movie + circumstances.
- Is there any film or film genre you hate/can’t bear to watch? No, I am generally open to all genres and movies. I may not be the one to go for such “blockbusters” as “Captain America”, but, once in a while, I watch them too.
- What is your favourite film? The English Patient.
Here are my “nominees”:
- Cinema Shame
- Not Another Remake
- Motion Picture Blog
- Brendan Bellavia
- Aleks Reviews
- Bionic Finger Films
- Lucas Plus Film
- The Cinephiliacs
- The Marckoguy
Here are my questions:
Q 1: Name 3 movies, which had the biggest impact on you (your life)?
Q 2: Movie that shocked you the most?
Q 3: Favourite horror movie?
Q 4: “The Godfather” or “Goodfellas”? Why?
Q 5: If there was a movie about your life, who would you select for a lead role?
Q 6: What movie you wish you’d never have watched (for any reason?)
Q 7: Any foreign-language movie you proud/glad you watched?
Q 8: Favourite song in a movie?
Q 9: Favourite music band/singer?
Q 10: Have you attended any film festivals? Did you like the experience? If not, which ones would you like to attend?
Q 11: What movie(s) are you looking forward to seeing soon?